Your interactive trading laboratory!
 • 
11 users online

Quandl extension issue, maybe?

I'm not sure if this is a Quandl problem, or a personal issue, but I can't access a Quandl database for VIX futures.

I'm running Q217, just installed the Quandl extension package. It works to call up a symbol if I use the default WIKI database (in the tester), but problems with other things like actually using it:

1. I can't seem to access CHRIS/CBOE_VX1 (or 2, 3, 4... any of the continuous VIX futures) as a data source. These report as NULL values in the tester, and if I configure a Quandl indicator to try and use one of them, it shows up as NaN with no graphed data shown.

2. I can't get the example in the extension docs to work either, the one with SF1 and @_EQUITY_MRQ. Also gives me NaN.

3. The Fear and Greed indicator works. So I am getting through to Quandl with my API, but unsure of the reason for these problems. Configuration? WIKI is set as my default.

Attachment

Cancel

Responses

Hey bitfool, I'm seeing the same thing for SF1, but we've already got CHRIS/CBOE_VX1 working in the WL7 beta. Let me know if you're interested because future fixes and development will be focused on WL7. The beta is pretty much fully functional at this point, so if you're interested in access let me know in the Discord!

Hey bitfool, I'm seeing the same thing for SF1, but we've already got CHRIS/CBOE_VX1 working in the WL7 beta. Let me know if you're interested because future fixes and development will be focused on WL7. The beta is pretty much fully functional at this point, so if you're interested in access let me know in the Discord!

Yay, thanks, I left a message there, definitely interested in access.

Yay, thanks, I left a message there, definitely interested in access.

I can't seem to access CHRIS/CBOE_VX1

The VIX data files have also been pulled down from CBOE website but we've already fixed this in WL7 beta. You have to trust my word on it though as extensions aren't subject for beta testing.

_I can't seem to access CHRIS/CBOE_VX1_ The VIX data files have also been pulled down from CBOE website but we've already fixed this in WL7 beta. You have to trust my word on it though as extensions aren't subject for beta testing.

Ugh, no extensions for the beta? It's not that I don't trust you... it's that I want to work with them! :-) Ah, limbo, I know ye well.

Ugh, no extensions for the beta? It's not that I don't trust you... it's that I want to work with them! :-) Ah, limbo, I know ye well.

Are you mainly interested in Quandl? Let me know and I will see what I can do to get our DataExtensions extension to you for beta testing.

Are you mainly interested in Quandl? Let me know and I will see what I can do to get our DataExtensions extension to you for beta testing.

Yes please! I'd like to incorporate some volatility risk premium calcs in my strategy, and the continuous VIX futures are needed for that. I don't need all the extensions yet, just Quandl.

Yes please! I'd like to incorporate some volatility risk premium calcs in my strategy, and the continuous VIX futures are needed for that. I don't need all the extensions yet, just Quandl.

I am working on a setup for DataExtensions and will get back to you probably tomorrow on the Discord.

I am working on a setup for DataExtensions and will get back to you probably tomorrow on the Discord.
Forum Tips

Please sign in if you want to participate in our forum.

Our forum uses Markdown syntax to format posts.

To embed code snippets, enclose them in [CODE][/CODE] tags.