Your interactive trading laboratory!
 • 
16 users online

brand new looking for some questions answered

Hi, I've been trading for about 4 years and would like to get some information on how easy/hard it would be to create an effective trading bot that would simulate my normal trading system. The rules are pretty simple its a strategy that most people are aware of which is the MACD cross over when above or below the 0 and a 200 ema to filter out "false" signals. I have zero programing knowledge basically and I can't seem to add more than one indicator for back testing.

Attachment

Cancel

Responses

It's pretty easy, without any programming. I just made a simple one, called Simple MACD+SMA200 in the published trading models. It doesn't perform terribly well, but I didn't tweak anything, just said MACD > 2.0 and Close > SMA200 for the entry, then added Close < SMA200 for the exit, with all transactions at the next day's open (you didn't specify any exit rules).

Hope it helps you get started.

It's pretty easy, without any programming. I just made a simple one, called Simple MACD+SMA200 in the published trading models. It doesn't perform terribly well, but I didn't tweak anything, just said MACD > 2.0 and Close > SMA200 for the entry, then added Close < SMA200 for the exit, with all transactions at the next day's open (you didn't specify any exit rules). Hope it helps you get started.
Forum Tips

Please sign in if you want to participate in our forum.

Our forum uses Markdown syntax to format posts.

To embed code snippets, enclose them in [CODE][/CODE] tags.