Your interactive trading laboratory!
 • 
9 users online

Settings: Date Range seldom properly works in web version

I've been ignoring the problem, but working on the web site the Settings: Date Range only sometimes works as advertised. For example, I'll open or clone some published model, with the Most Recent N Years option selected and set to 20 years, and it will work as such. And if I change it to 10 years, that will work, but setting it back to 20 years will not set it back to such (stays at 10) and I've never gotten ANY of the in between values to work (usually shows me 10 years). And this goes for just about all the possible Date Range settings. It seems very good at (and has a predilection for) showing a 10 year backtest. The most recent example of this for me was the simple MA Crossover model where it came set to Last 5 years, and no amount of selecting other years seemed to change (graph never changed, although minor model output changes occurred) but it seems to happen with all models. In this last case, changing it to Year Range allowed me to see 20 years of backtest, but then switching it back to Last N Years and 20 years only showed me 5 years of backtest. Confusing behavior! I am working on a mac in safari, if that should make any difference at all.

Attachment

Cancel

Responses

Hmmm … I've exercised all of the date range settings here on the web site and haven't seen anything unexpected - the equity curve is showing the expected range. I'm not on my Mac at the moment but will check on Safari when I get back, it very well could be Safari related, and if so should be an easy fix.

Hmmm … I've exercised all of the date range settings here on the web site and haven't seen anything unexpected - the equity curve is showing the expected range. I'm not on my Mac at the moment but will check on Safari when I get back, it very well could be Safari related, and if so should be an easy fix.

I've narrowed it down more, now testing in Chrome on Mac. If I click up or down on the years field when "Most Recent N Years" is chosen, the new value is ignored. If I TYPE "10" or "9" or "17" into the field, it works perfectly. And if I change my style to "Year Range", again I have to type in the desired year values rather than use the up or down arrows to change them. So... looks like your mpm.dataRangeAmountChange() and ...ChangeTo() functions aren't getting properly called by the arrows, at least on Mac in Chrome and Safari, haven't tried Firefox.

I've narrowed it down more, now testing in Chrome on Mac. If I click up or down on the years field when "Most Recent N Years" is chosen, the new value is ignored. If I TYPE "10" or "9" or "17" into the field, it works perfectly. And if I change my style to "Year Range", again I have to type in the desired year values rather than use the up or down arrows to change them. So... looks like your mpm.dataRangeAmountChange() and ...ChangeTo() functions aren't getting properly called by the arrows, at least on Mac in Chrome and Safari, haven't tried Firefox.

Hi bitfool, thanks for the additional info. Try it again when you get a chance, it should be resolved now.

Hi bitfool, thanks for the additional info. Try it again when you get a chance, it should be resolved now.

Yes! One quick test on the Most Recent N Years setting worked as designed, thanks Glitch!

Yes! One quick test on the Most Recent N Years setting worked as designed, thanks Glitch!
Forum Tips

Please sign in if you want to participate in our forum.

Our forum uses Markdown syntax to format posts.

To embed code snippets, enclose them in [CODE][/CODE] tags.