Your interactive trading laboratory!
 • 
5 users online

Change % Position Size

It seems that I can not change the position size on PMO Gogo system.

Attachment

Cancel

Responses

Right! The Rotation models simply rotate stocks, selling one and buying the next with the highest PMO. You CAN adjust it indirectly, by changing the Symbols To Hold value in the Compose Model panel. Also unchangeable: Margin Factor and Max Open Positions, for obvious reasons once you consider the nature of a Rotation model.

Right! The Rotation models simply rotate stocks, selling one and buying the next with the highest PMO. You CAN adjust it indirectly, by changing the Symbols To Hold value in the Compose Model panel. Also unchangeable: Margin Factor and Max Open Positions, for obvious reasons once you consider the nature of a Rotation model.

thanks for the reply. I have "symbols to hold 10" so I would expect a position size of 10%. But it is 33% which doesn't make sense to me.

thanks for the reply. I have "symbols to hold 10" so I would expect a position size of 10%. But it is 33% which doesn't make sense to me.

Ok, after changing the # of symbols to hold it automatically changed the position size.

Ok, after changing the # of symbols to hold it automatically changed the position size.

I also noticed that the Settings tab shows "33%" for that figure after you save and come back to the model. It looks like a cosmetic bug, apparently ignoring the real setting and just leaving a default value in there. It does seem cosmetic, however, not affecting backtests.

I also noticed that the Settings tab shows "33%" for that figure after you save and come back to the model. It looks like a cosmetic bug, apparently ignoring the real setting and just leaving a default value in there. It does seem cosmetic, however, not affecting backtests.

I also noticed that I have more than 10 positions see screenshot.

i am unable to attach any screenshot (PNG) with Safari on my Mac.Tried two different accounts and two different Macs.

Anyway, I see 15 open positions today.

i am unable to attach any screenshot (PNG) with Safari on my Mac.Tried two different accounts and two different Macs. Anyway, I see 15 open positions today.

Yikes! I see a mismatch there too, I have 12 open positions at the end of the run. Something's amiss in our simple rotation model.

Yikes! I see a mismatch there too, I have 12 open positions at the end of the run. Something's amiss in our simple rotation model.

Corrected, your model now shows the correct 10% sizing when opened on Qcom.

Corrected, your model now shows the correct 10% sizing when opened on Qcom.

Please try the attachment from your Mac again... should work now.

Please try the attachment from your Mac again... should work now.

Forum Tips

Please sign in if you want to participate in our forum.

Our forum uses Markdown syntax to format posts.

To embed code snippets, enclose them in [CODE][/CODE] tags.