Your interactive trading laboratory!
 • 
7 users online

A new way to Rotate!

Q172 is shaping up to be a nice upgrade! We're extending the UserModelBase class to provide 2 new hooks into the backtest process. PreExecute and PostExecte are called before/after the main processing loop (where Execute is called), and pass you the date being processed as well as a list of all of the symbols that have data for this iteration. You can do things like craft a rotation model in code using these methods. I'll provide a Dev Blog article illustrating this. It's an exciting development, and while our feature requests for Filters in Rotation Models are still in the queue, this can be a way to get this functionality quickly in a code based model.

Attachment

Cancel

Responses

Wow, excellent. I'm trial running QStudio now and it's exciting advances like this (and your amazing productivity toward new releases) that's going to push me over the edge and buy the license soon. I've been playing with some promising rotators and I need this kind of flexibility. Looking forward to Q172!

Wow, excellent. I'm trial running QStudio now and it's exciting advances like this (and your amazing productivity toward new releases) that's going to push me over the edge and buy the license soon. I've been playing with some promising rotators and I need this kind of flexibility. Looking forward to Q172!

New Dev Blog Post: A New Way to Rotate

New Dev Blog Post: [A New Way to Rotate](https://www.quantacula.com/Help/OpenHelp/devblog/665)
Forum Tips

Please sign in if you want to participate in our forum.

Our forum uses Markdown syntax to format posts.

To embed code snippets, enclose them in [CODE][/CODE] tags.