Your interactive trading laboratory!
 • 
6 users online

Execute Strategies automatically
This is a Feature Request with 3 votes

In the recent weeks, I've been publishing my trading signals through the Signal Hub fictitiously. Personally, I find the "daily manual" execution of all my strategies quite tedious therefore, I would like to make a feature request so that individual strategies can be executed automatically on a schedule?

Attachment

Cancel

Responses

A long term goal in both Quantacula and our WealthSignals site is to provide automated trading of models and signals via the web sites. If you could install your model (private or public) on Q.com and then turn on auto-trading I think that would satisfy this request, correct?

A long term goal in both Quantacula and our [WealthSignals](https://www.wealthsignals.com) site is to provide automated trading of models and signals via the web sites. If you could install your model (private or public) on Q.com and then turn on auto-trading I think that would satisfy this request, correct?

Q.com? Never heard about that. But of course, that would satisfy my request. How can i get there?

Q.com? Never heard about that. But of course, that would satisfy my request. How can i get there?

You're already here at Q.com :)

You're already here at Q.com :)

Sorry it was a shorthand for Quanatcula.com. But what a coup if we could register the actual Q.com domain!

Sorry it was a shorthand for Quanatcula.com. But what a coup if we could register the actual Q.com domain!

Ok i see :-) This means i have to publish my strategies under the "my models" tab and you'll implement an auto-trade feature in the near future? If yes, there must be a way to integrate custom indicators under the my models section...

Ok i see :-) This means i have to publish my strategies under the "my models" tab and you'll implement an auto-trade feature in the near future? If yes, there must be a way to integrate custom indicators under the my models section...

We now have the QCommunity Extension integrated, so you can send me any custom indicator you'd like to add. They will become available both in QStudio and Quantacula.com.

We now have the **QCommunity Extension** integrated, so you can send me any custom indicator you'd like to add. They will become available both in QStudio and Quantacula.com.

But where's the auto-trade feature?

But where's the auto-trade feature?

The auto trade feature is not in place Merlin. I was answering your question about the ability to integrate your own custom indicators.

The auto trade feature is not in place Merlin. I was answering your question about the ability to integrate your own custom indicators.

I just have noticed that I have missed about 12 trading signals last Friday just before market close (...I was out with some friends for a few biers...). Since I have to run the system manually, these orders have now expired.

How do I do that if I have a system that needs to execute "MarketClose" orders?

I just have noticed that I have missed about 12 trading signals last Friday just before market close (...I was out with some friends for a few biers...). Since I have to run the system manually, these orders have now expired. How do I do that if I have a system that needs to execute "MarketClose" orders?

Hi Merlin, I'm afraid QS currently doesn't have a way to execute EOD signals automatically. I will work on a solution when this Feature Request goes into Dev state.

Hi Merlin, I'm afraid QS currently doesn't have a way to execute EOD signals automatically. I will work on a solution when this Feature Request goes into **Dev** state.

When do you expect to have the automated trading (or part of it) ready?

When do you expect to have the automated trading (or part of it) ready?

Hi Merlin, once I finish the WealthSignals adapter I will start working on it. I'm on Spring Break this week so not much development is going on at the moment.

Hi Merlin, once I finish the WealthSignals adapter I will start working on it. I'm on Spring Break this week so not much development is going on at the moment.

Any news on this Topic (I'm getting a little impatient...)?

Any news on this Topic (I'm getting a little impatient...)?

Hey Merlin, I will put this in development for the next release. I’m sure you can sense my caution, anything having to do with automatically placing live signals warrants the extra caution and consideration, but I have been mulling over implantation ideas.

Hey Merlin, I will put this in development for the next release. I’m sure you can sense my caution, anything having to do with automatically placing live signals warrants the extra caution and consideration, but I have been mulling over implantation ideas.

From my own experience I know that newcomers often underestimate this. On the other side, if I am forced to confirm a signal, then I may take a quick look at the chart and suddenly doubts can arise. This happened to me with SVMK on 12 Feb 2019 at the 12.60$ level. Just because I took a look at the chart, I later missed a 30% run. An automatic wouldn't have hesitated to go long...

From my own experience I know that newcomers often underestimate this. On the other side, if I am forced to confirm a signal, then I may take a quick look at the chart and suddenly doubts can arise. This happened to me with SVMK on 12 Feb 2019 at the 12.60$ level. Just because I took a look at the chart, I later missed a 30% run. An automatic wouldn't have hesitated to go long...

Here's where we are in terms of design - thoughts?

Here's where we are in terms of design - thoughts?

Thanks Glitch. At first glance, it looks fine. Will it be released in Q180?

Thanks Glitch. At first glance, it looks fine. Will it be released in Q180?

Indeed it will, targeting this weekend.

Indeed it will, targeting this weekend.
Forum Tips

Please sign in if you want to participate in our forum.

Our forum uses Markdown syntax to format posts.

To embed code snippets, enclose them in [CODE][/CODE] tags.