Your interactive trading laboratory!
 • 
12 users online

Bug in Univerese when Symbols are changing

In the last few weeks, I've been playing around with my custom universes. I noticed that when I have a model open and I change some symbols in the models select universe, the changes are not applied. I first have to close and reopen the model, so that the modified universe is adopted. Can this be fixed?

Attachment

Cancel

Responses

Hi Merlin,

As far as I can see QS already responds to changing of the symbols in the universe without needing to close and reopen the model, unless you checked the box to "Use historical data already loaded".

I tested this by creating a new Universe with AAPL and MSFT, then ran a backtest, seeing positions for those two stocks. I then used the Universes symbol editor to remove MSFT, add EBAY, and clicked Update to apply the changes. I ran the model again and had the correct positions for AAPL and EBAY this time.

If you're seeing an issue can you let me know steps to reproduce, perhaps you're taking a different path.

Hi Merlin, As far as I can see QS already responds to changing of the symbols in the universe without needing to close and reopen the model, unless you checked the box to "Use historical data already loaded". I tested this by creating a new Universe with AAPL and MSFT, then ran a backtest, seeing positions for those two stocks. I then used the Universes symbol editor to remove MSFT, add EBAY, and clicked Update to apply the changes. I ran the model again and had the correct positions for AAPL and EBAY this time. If you're seeing an issue can you let me know steps to reproduce, perhaps you're taking a different path.

Made the same steps with AAPL/MSFT and EBAY ("Use historical data already loaded" is disabled). It didn't work like yours. Where did you clicked "Update to apply the changes"?

Made the same steps with AAPL/MSFT and EBAY ("Use historical data already loaded" is disabled). It didn't work like yours. Where did you clicked "Update to apply the changes"?

It's here, but I can see the UI is pretty poor, I will improve this in the next release.

It's here, but I can see the UI is pretty poor, I will improve this in the next release.

Oh I see, it must be available since Q180. I'm still running Q179.

Oh I see, it must be available since Q180. I'm still running Q179.

It's only made visible after you start editing the symbols.

It's only made visible after you start editing the symbols.

Didn't know that I could also modify a universe "inline". After pressing update, it also works with an adapted Universe. Thanks for your hint!

Didn't know that I could also modify a universe "inline". After pressing update, it also works with an adapted Universe. Thanks for your hint!
Forum Tips

Please sign in if you want to participate in our forum.

Our forum uses Markdown syntax to format posts.

To embed code snippets, enclose them in [CODE][/CODE] tags.