Your interactive trading laboratory!
 • 
12 users online

QSV2

Quantacula Studio Version 2 is under development! Here's the first sneak peek of the newly ported charting. We have Indicators, Data Sources, Universes, and some charting ported over. Already the experience is much better looking than our current WinForms version, and I'm really enjoying WPF!

Attachment

Cancel

Responses

Hi Glitch, thanks for sharing your enthusiasm for the refactoring of QS to V2. W00t!

Hi Glitch, thanks for sharing your enthusiasm for the refactoring of QS to V2. W00t!

Way to go!

Way to go!

Looks clean and modern.

Looks clean and modern.

Here's another update, I guess I'm about 30% completed now. We have historical data sources, fundamental, indicators, universes, the beginnings of models and chart preferences. So far every aspect of V2 is looking better than QS V1.

Here's another update, I guess I'm about 30% completed now. We have historical data sources, fundamental, indicators, universes, the beginnings of models and chart preferences. So far every aspect of V2 is looking better than QS V1.

The editor is in place! Also note the new source-code filtering box. Easily find models that contain the indicator or code function you're looking for.

The editor is in place! Also note the new source-code filtering box. Easily find models that contain the indicator or code function you're looking for.

Glitch, that source code filtering search box is great! Could we have something like that as a Symbol filter on most every listing of positions? Like for the Signal Hub, Price Triggers, Positions, etc to quickly get to the symbols of interest, much faster than mouse scrolling a long list (especially if one uses large universes). Can wait for v2 for this, but think about it.

Glitch, that source code filtering search box is great! Could we have something like that as a Symbol filter on most every listing of positions? Like for the Signal Hub, Price Triggers, Positions, etc to quickly get to the symbols of interest, much faster than mouse scrolling a long list (especially if one uses large universes). Can wait for v2 for this, but think about it.

I'll just assume the lifetime license I have covers this upgrade, Glitch..is that right?

I'll just assume the lifetime license I have covers this upgrade, Glitch..is that right?

I cannot speak for Glitch, of course, but my understanding is that any QS upgrade released during your first year of the lifetime license is yours, and after that there is a yearly maintenance fee (at a lower cost than the original license) to allow you to continue getting newly released upgrades. I expect we'll see v2 out during the next several months, which should be available to just about everyone before any/many need to purchase maintenance licenses. The "lifetime" part of the license is that you can USE the software forever, not that you can continue to get software upgrades for life.

I cannot speak for Glitch, of course, but my understanding is that any QS upgrade released during your first year of the lifetime license is yours, and after that there is a yearly maintenance fee (at a lower cost than the original license) to allow you to continue getting newly released upgrades. I expect we'll see v2 out during the next several months, which should be available to just about everyone before any/many need to purchase maintenance licenses. The "lifetime" part of the license is that you can USE the software forever, not that you can continue to get software upgrades for life.

That's right, I think it's pretty clearly stated. Like most other software firms these days, the lifetime license lets you use the version you bought for life, and gives you free upgrades to new versions for a year. Any time after that period you can pay $99 for another year of upgrades if desired. QSV2 should be out well before your 1 year expiration, BWO :)

That's right, I think it's pretty clearly stated. Like most other software firms these days, the lifetime license lets you use the version you bought for life, and gives you free upgrades to new versions for a year. Any time after that period you can pay $99 for another year of upgrades if desired. QSV2 should be out well before your 1 year expiration, BWO :)

Just completed the first backtest in QSV2! No model result viewers in place yet, but the backtest on four years of data for the S&P 500 ran in about 2 seconds flat, including the time to load the data (without any fundamental data sources selected.) I was very pleased to see the rapid performance, we're moving in the right direction here :) Another nice feature in the redesign for the model window - once you load the data, QSV2 is smart enough to know it can re-use the loaded data unless you change one of the settings that forces a reload. No check box necessary to use the loaded data over again in a new backtest.

Just completed the first backtest in QSV2! No model result viewers in place yet, but the backtest on four years of data for the S&P 500 ran in about 2 seconds flat, including the time to load the data (without any fundamental data sources selected.) I was very pleased to see the rapid performance, we're moving in the right direction here :) Another nice feature in the redesign for the model window - once you load the data, QSV2 is smart enough to know it can re-use the loaded data unless you change one of the settings that forces a reload. No check box necessary to use the loaded data over again in a new backtest.

"Could we have something like that as a Symbol filter"

Working on QSV2 Signal Hub at the moment. Many improvements, no more sporadic scrolling problems, symbol filter, plus you can easily work with more than a single broker at a time!

"Could we have something like that as a Symbol filter" Working on QSV2 Signal Hub at the moment. Many improvements, no more sporadic scrolling problems, symbol filter, plus you can easily work with more than a single broker at a time!

I think we are about a week out from a beta release! So far no carpal tunnel!

I think we are about a week out from a beta release! So far no carpal tunnel!
Forum Tips

Please sign in if you want to participate in our forum.

Our forum uses Markdown syntax to format posts.

To embed code snippets, enclose them in [CODE][/CODE] tags.