Your interactive trading laboratory!
 • 
10 users online

How to set up IQFeed?

I have an IQFeed account now, and added the extension, and configure it with my user/pw, but then nothing happens (like no test symbols work). Then I see "You must have an IQFeed account and their client software installed for this Data Source to function." What "client software"?? I can't find anything like that on iqfeed.net so far.

ps. IQFeed has historical data, but I don't see that being available as a QS price data provider. Am I missing something to use IQFeed as a source of historical data?

Attachment

Cancel

Responses

Done and done. Got online with their tech chat, found the link to :

http://www.iqfeed.net/iqfeed_client_6_0_1_1.exe

installed, restarted QS, got my feed. even shows AAPL live streaming in after hours trading in the Test section of Data Providers. I'm off.

ps. Any thoughts about IQFeed for historical prices?

Done and done. Got online with their tech chat, found the link to : http://www.iqfeed.net/iqfeed_client_6_0_1_1.exe installed, restarted QS, got my feed. even shows AAPL live streaming in after hours trading in the Test section of Data Providers. I'm off. ps. Any thoughts about IQFeed for historical prices?

Awesome, sorry I wasn't able to jump in before you got this up and running! I use IQFeed intraday historical quite a bit, but use the Q-Premium and Q-Data built in for my daily history needs.

Awesome, sorry I wasn't able to jump in before you got this up and running! I use IQFeed intraday historical quite a bit, but use the Q-Premium and Q-Data built in for my daily history needs.

How do you use IQFeed intraday historical? I don't see IQFeed as an option for a Data Source in the Historical data section. I'm using IQ for streaming just fine. Maybe because I haven't paid for the extension yet (30 days free aren't up quite yet)??

How do you use IQFeed intraday historical? I don't see IQFeed as an option for a Data Source in the Historical data section. I'm using IQ for streaming just fine. Maybe because I haven't paid for the extension yet (30 days free aren't up quite yet)??

You'll need to create a New Data Source and add IQFeed to the Data Sources list.

You'll need to create a New Data Source and add IQFeed to the Data Sources list.

oh jeez, so simple, thx.

oh jeez, so simple, thx.
Forum Tips

Please sign in if you want to participate in our forum.

Our forum uses Markdown syntax to format posts.

To embed code snippets, enclose them in [CODE][/CODE] tags.