Your interactive trading laboratory!
 • 
12 users online

getting signals into price triggers: how?

Ok, so I have a strategy, I have IQFeed data, I have signals in the signal hub for tomorrow... but how do I get those signals into the Quotes and Price Triggers so that I can follow them there in the morning when the market opens to send orders as stocks reach their targets?

1. I can find no direct way to "Send these signals to Price Triggers" in the Signal Hub.
  2. I can take the Universe that I used for #1 and drop that on the Price Triggers window, but it doesn't show any sign that it recognizes that the symbols here have signals over there. 2b. I wouldn't want it to work that way! I might have other models generating signals for the same stocks, but not want those signals in my Triggers.

That's all I've thought of so far. Hoping to test some triggers in the morning, any pointers are appreciated. Paul

Attachment

Cancel

Responses

Oh my, there it is right there in the Signal Hub, but only if you're viewing the top bar that says what model you're working with. I was only working with one model, one set of signals, and at least on my setup the Signal Hub tends to hide the top bar where that button sits. So I was selecting all the signals and right clicking and looking all around but never seeing that top bar. All is well here now, or should be when prices start streaming in the morning. I'll have to get the chickens all watered and put out to graze before the excitement starts.

Oh my, there it is right there in the Signal Hub, but only if you're viewing the top bar that says what model you're working with. I was only working with one model, one set of signals, and at least on my setup the Signal Hub tends to hide the top bar where that button sits. So I was selecting all the signals and right clicking and looking all around but never seeing that top bar. All is well here now, or should be when prices start streaming in the morning. I'll have to get the chickens all watered and put out to graze before the excitement starts.

All set, chickens grazing and signals blazing as the market opens. Could a paper ticker been more fun? Hmmm, maybe. Less efficient, but more fun. And less efficient meant more profit for the more proficient. Such is the way with tools. I'll let you know if this makes me a more successful trader.

All set, chickens grazing and signals blazing as the market opens. Could a paper ticker been more fun? Hmmm, maybe. Less efficient, but more fun. And less efficient meant more profit for the more proficient. Such is the way with tools. I'll let you know if this makes me a more successful trader.

Just so you know, bitfool, wealthsignal's SuperBands works this way just in Wealth Lab Pro, too. It's Glitch's patent.

Just so you know, bitfool, wealthsignal's SuperBands works this way just in Wealth Lab Pro, too. It's Glitch's patent.

thanks bwo, good to know! i'm adding a link to your SuperBands at wealthsignal here, if that's ok:

https://www.wealthsignals.com/Strategy/Detail/SuperBands-W0UppY

thanks bwo, good to know! i'm adding a link to your SuperBands at wealthsignal here, if that's ok: https://www.wealthsignals.com/Strategy/Detail/SuperBands-W0UppY
Forum Tips

Please sign in if you want to participate in our forum.

Our forum uses Markdown syntax to format posts.

To embed code snippets, enclose them in [CODE][/CODE] tags.