Your interactive trading laboratory!
 • 
5 users online

Price Trigger panel won't re-activate feed

So, I'm running two different Price Trigger panels, and I can't run both of them at the same because of my current 500 symbol limit at IQFeed. But I'm allowed to switch, and that's great, but currently on my machine if i Activate one and then Deactivate it, I can't reactivate it. So I'm left with opening new ones all the time to switch back and forth.

Worse... I'd like to run one and narrow it down to the fraction of symbols that have some chance of reaching a target today. So I sort by Target% and remove a bunch (ok so far) and that's great. But I can't Deactivate this Price Target set while I do the same to the other Price Target set, because then I can't re-Activate this one.

So please, either suggest what I'm doing wrong, or make it so I can re-Activate the Quote and Price Target windows at my leisure. :-) Alternatively or additionally... I'd like to be able to copy/paste Price Target objects and combine the most likely ones from two or more panels into one window to watch together. Thanks.

Attachment

Cancel

Responses

I will try the scenario out tomorrow during market open. But to summarize, are you saying that the streaming does not kick in after you Deactivate and then Activate again?

I will try the scenario out tomorrow during market open. But to summarize, are you saying that the streaming does not kick in after you Deactivate and then Activate again?

Correct, at least when I have two separate Quotes and Price Triggers panels open, trying to switch back and forth between them. Not sure I tested it with only one panel on, off, and on again. My situation is that I have two strategies, each with several hundred symbols in the signals, and I'm trying to run one, then the other, switching every few minutes, avoiding my 500 symbol limit at IQFeed.

Also, a note: the Q & PT panels work as expected with my mouse, I can scroll up and down with the scroll wheel, but the Signal Hub still does not allow scrolling with the mouse scroll wheel. Further, for me at least, if I scroll down in the Signal Hub to find a certain signal and select it, the window scrolls/jumps back to the beginning/top of the signals, rather than keeping me there to see that it was indeed selected. It's a pain, especially when I wanted to select more than one signal.

Correct, at least when I have two separate Quotes and Price Triggers panels open, trying to switch back and forth between them. Not sure I tested it with only one panel on, off, and on again. My situation is that I have two strategies, each with several hundred symbols in the signals, and I'm trying to run one, then the other, switching every few minutes, avoiding my 500 symbol limit at IQFeed. Also, a note: the Q & PT panels work as expected with my mouse, I can scroll up and down with the scroll wheel, but the Signal Hub still does not allow scrolling with the mouse scroll wheel. Further, for me at least, if I scroll down in the Signal Hub to find a certain signal and select it, the window scrolls/jumps back to the beginning/top of the signals, rather than keeping me there to see that it was indeed selected. It's a pain, especially when I wanted to select more than one signal.

Glitch, activate/reactivate is working like a champ for me now in Q183. I'm autosubmitting triggers like a boss.

Glitch, activate/reactivate is working like a champ for me now in Q183. I'm autosubmitting triggers like a boss.

Great, and apologies for the fault there!

Great, and apologies for the fault there!

Glitch, you're doing a great job. You own your mistakes, jump and fix things, you listen well and new releases are regular and welcomed. The community is great too, I've gotten good ideas and my trading has materially improved in the six months since I got here, at least a good part due to being in the Q world. Thanks and keep it up!

Glitch, you're doing a great job. You own your mistakes, jump and fix things, you listen well and new releases are regular and welcomed. The community is great too, I've gotten good ideas and my trading has materially improved in the six months since I got here, at least a good part due to being in the Q world. Thanks and keep it up!

Thanks for the encouraging words! Once QSV2 is out I'll try and promote the community more to get us growing :)

Thanks for the encouraging words! Once QSV2 is out I'll try and promote the community more to get us growing :)
Forum Tips

Please sign in if you want to participate in our forum.

Our forum uses Markdown syntax to format posts.

To embed code snippets, enclose them in [CODE][/CODE] tags.