Your interactive trading laboratory!
 • 
11 users online

IQFeed not running in QS 183 for me today

My usual procedure is to run my model in the evening to set up for trades the next morning. I use the Signal Hub to generate Triggers (and turn on the broker connection), then get it ready to run with Auto-Sort on and Auto-Submit off. In the morning before market I turn the off-hours filter to OFF and then Activate my IQFeed to see if there's going to be much activity (few triggered ordered). Then when market's ready to open, I close that triggers window, generate a new one from the Signal Hub and activate it with the setup I want for the market open.

This morning... IQFeed didn't activate. First nothing happened, then it gave me an unhelpful error message (which I did not save), something like "Feed cannot be reached". Then the little login to the feed opened and closed like it normally does, and all looked well... except no feed took place, no prices came in. I tested the feed by going to the IQFeed Watchlist app, and it was working fine, so data was available, but not in QS. I rebooted QS, reran my model to generate signals again, generated triggers again, connected to broker, activated feed and... nothing again. Saw the error once more, saw the login modal box again, it looks activated (ie, the Deactivate button is clickable), but no feed is registering. I rebooted my whole machine and restarted everything and tried again, same sequence, no feed. Actually it's sort of passive-aggressive; QS indicates that the feed is activated, but nothing comes through (sorta like a printer saying "Oh sure, I'll print that for you" and nothing happens).

Before today, I've had no problems with my IQFeed and the triggers in QS. I had to use my Watchlist app and manually submit signals so far this morning, not my preferred method. I hope it works tomorrow. Any suggestions welcome.

Attachment

Cancel

Responses

Well, it's running now. I got tired of looking at the unchanging Triggers window and hit Deactivate. After a LONG pause, it deactivated and sorted and showed all kinds of activity updates and triggers that had taken place. I re-Activated and now it's working. So my Triggers window was ?frozen? or just not responding for some reason? Auto-sort was definitely on, but no sign of actual feed taking place or triggers showing up. Has worked fine now for a couple hours. Grrr. Looking forward to version 2 and the rewrite of the Signal Hub etc.

Well, it's running now. I got tired of looking at the unchanging Triggers window and hit Deactivate. After a LONG pause, it deactivated and sorted and showed all kinds of activity updates and triggers that had taken place. I re-Activated and now it's working. So my Triggers window was ?frozen? or just not responding for some reason? Auto-sort was definitely on, but no sign of actual feed taking place or triggers showing up. Has worked fine now for a couple hours. Grrr. Looking forward to version 2 and the rewrite of the Signal Hub etc.

Should have a beta version ready in a few weeks at the current rate of progress! And FWIW - I've never experienced what you described, are you sure your internet connection didn't have a temporary outage or lag?

Should have a beta version ready in a few weeks at the current rate of progress! And FWIW - I've never experienced what you described, are you sure your internet connection didn't have a temporary outage or lag?

It was definitely NOT a net connection problem, cause I could run IQ Watchlist and see the same symbols updating. And I believe it was actually working in the background (I later noticed that some orders had been triggered and submitted) even though the window was not updating and auto-sorting for me. Strange indeed.

It was definitely NOT a net connection problem, cause I could run IQ Watchlist and see the same symbols updating. And I believe it was actually working in the background (I later noticed that some orders had been triggered and submitted) even though the window was not updating and auto-sorting for me. Strange indeed.

I'm still having problems connecting IQFeed in QS184..I keep installing the IQFeed extension and it doesn't show in QS. It seems my license was not activated, will have to see how this works now. Well the activation code didn't take when I entered it. It says it activated but doesn't show as activated now.

I'm still having problems connecting IQFeed in QS184..I keep installing the IQFeed extension and it doesn't show in QS. It seems my license was not activated, will have to see how this works now. Well the activation code didn't take when I entered it. It says it activated but doesn't show as activated now.

Yeah, Glitch, the Q184 doesn't work with the IQFeed Extension. I'm running Q183 on the one that works so get to it, please.

Yeah, Glitch, the Q184 doesn't work with the IQFeed Extension. I'm running Q183 on the one that works so get to it, please.

Did you install the IQFeed extension on your new machine? It does work in Q184.

Did you install the IQFeed extension on your new machine? It does work in Q184.

What activation code are you talking about?

What activation code are you talking about?

Glitch, I installed the extension and nothing shows for the streaming or Signal Hub Monitor. Q183 works fine, Q184 doesn't..

Glitch, I installed the extension and nothing shows for the streaming or Signal Hub Monitor. Q183 works fine, Q184 doesn't..

OK, do you need to install link to go back to Q183 for that machine? I can't reproduce this problem with my Q184. The other thing you could try is downloading the IQFeed Version 2 extension from the QSV2Beta page.

OK, do you need to install link to go back to Q183 for that machine? I can't reproduce this problem with my Q184. The other thing you could try is downloading the IQFeed Version 2 extension from the QSV2Beta page.
Forum Tips

Please sign in if you want to participate in our forum.

Our forum uses Markdown syntax to format posts.

To embed code snippets, enclose them in [CODE][/CODE] tags.