Your interactive trading laboratory!
 • 
4 users online

Attach and scale Lower Bollinger Band with Oszillator

I would like to attach and scale the lower bollinger band to the fisher transform curve. The lower bollinger band should always follow the Fisher transform.

public override void Initialize(BarHistory bars)
{
    ft = new Fisher(bars.Close, 5);
    Plot(ft);

lowerBollingerBand = new BBLower(bars.Close, 20, 2.0);
    lowerBollingerBand.ParentIndicator = ft;
    Plot(lowerBollingerBand, Color.Red);
}

The result isn't usable. What I'm doing wrong here?

Attachment

Cancel

Responses

Hi Merlin, QS currently doesn't support being able to scale an indicator to a different scale. Just so I have it clear, you still want the BBand of closing price, NOT of the Fisher itself? But you want to plot it in the same pane as the Fisher, using that pane's scale? We would have to make this an enhancement for a future release.

Hi Merlin, QS currently doesn't support being able to scale an indicator to a different scale. Just so I have it clear, you still want the BBand of closing price, NOT of the Fisher itself? But you want to plot it in the same pane as the Fisher, using that pane's scale? We would have to make this an enhancement for a future release.

Hi Glitch, here's a sample using the Donchian and the Bollinger Band, scaled with the Fisher Transform. Would make sense to have this in QS. I saw that it is possible to scale (or attach to a parent indicator) a moving average into an oscillator so why not for another trend indicator like the Bollinger Band?

Hi Glitch, here's a sample using the Donchian and the Bollinger Band, scaled with the Fisher Transform. Would make sense to have this in QS. I saw that it is possible to scale (or attach to a parent indicator) a moving average into an oscillator so why not for another trend indicator like the Bollinger Band?

OK, it looks like these indicators are actually based on Fisher. So sure, this is possible in QS. The first parameter of the BBand indicators should be the source data to base the indicator on. Instead of passing bars.Close, pass the Fisher:

public override void Initialize(BarHistory bars)
{
	Fisher ft = new Fisher(bars.Close, 5);
	PlotIndicator(ft);
	BBLower lowerBollingerBand = new BBLower(ft, 20, 2.0);
	PlotIndicator(lowerBollingerBand, Color.Red);
	BBUpper upperBollingerBand = new BBUpper(ft, 20, 2.0);
	PlotIndicator(upperBollingerBand, Color.Red, PlotStyles.Bands);
}
OK, it looks like these indicators are actually based on Fisher. So sure, this is possible in QS. The first parameter of the BBand indicators should be the source data to base the indicator on. Instead of passing bars.Close, pass the Fisher: [CODE] public override void Initialize(BarHistory bars) { Fisher ft = new Fisher(bars.Close, 5); PlotIndicator(ft); BBLower lowerBollingerBand = new BBLower(ft, 20, 2.0); PlotIndicator(lowerBollingerBand, Color.Red); BBUpper upperBollingerBand = new BBUpper(ft, 20, 2.0); PlotIndicator(upperBollingerBand, Color.Red, PlotStyles.Bands); } [/CODE]

Sorry Glitch, I forgot to answer. This morning, after looking at some old Ninja indicators, I was able to fix it by myself. Afterwards, to take the FT as a Bollinger input data series seemed quite logical. Too much time has passed to remind me...

Sorry Glitch, I forgot to answer. This morning, after looking at some old Ninja indicators, I was able to fix it by myself. Afterwards, to take the FT as a Bollinger input data series seemed quite logical. Too much time has passed to remind me...
Forum Tips

Please sign in if you want to participate in our forum.

Our forum uses Markdown syntax to format posts.

To embed code snippets, enclose them in [CODE][/CODE] tags.