Your interactive trading laboratory!
 • 
13 users online

Multiple Position Model buy of already owned stock with a different position size

Hi,

Is it possible when you have a multiple position model and several days later the other conditions give a buy signal of a stock that's already in the portfolio that this gets a different position size? Lets say you have 10% Apple already in portfolio and the system gives another buy. Normaly the model buys another 10%. I would like to make this 5% or half of the currently owned stocks.

Is this possible? Or is it a feature that's easy to implement?

Kind regards, Erik

Attachment

Cancel

Responses

It's possible to to in a C# coded model. I summarize the idea here, bascially you can change the Quantity of the Transaction object that you get as the result of the PlaceTrade call.

If you are working with Building Block models only, you could convert them to C# models using Quantacula Studio.

It's possible to to in a C# coded model. I summarize the idea [here](https://www.quantacula.com/Forum/ForumTopic/667), bascially you can change the **Quantity** of the **Transaction** object that you get as the result of the **PlaceTrade** call. If you are working with Building Block models only, you could convert them to C# models using Quantacula Studio.
Forum Tips

Please sign in if you want to participate in our forum.

Our forum uses Markdown syntax to format posts.

To embed code snippets, enclose them in [CODE][/CODE] tags.