Your interactive trading laboratory!
 • 
16 users online

Profit Curves by transaction Tag for regular Model backtests
This is a Feature Request with 3 votes

I really like the Profit Curves tab of the MetaModels, where we can see the relative performance and contribution of each component model. Very helpful.

I'd like that same graph available in the regular model backtests, where each curve represents the transactions that have been tagged with a given tag. This would really help to quickly analyze my more complex models, without having to export data and try and figure it out in Excel.

Related request: add a column in the Positions table for Transaction Tag, for the same analytical reasons.

Attachment

Cancel

Responses

Ping! Related request: add a column in the Positions table for Transaction Tag, for the same analytical reasons. I've got several signals, each with a tag, and I can't tell which positions come from what tagged signals in a spreadsheet of results. It's great that I can easily grab the drawdown chart data, the equity curve data and the rolling profit data and plop them into a spreadsheet, but I can't recreate equity curves for each tagged signal set without this.

One more thing: Export data (and copy image) for profit curves in MetaModels. We can export all these other things, but there's no right-click options at all available for the Profit Curves tab in MetaModel. So we can neither export the data nor Copy Chart Image.

Ping! Related request: add a column in the Positions table for Transaction Tag, for the same analytical reasons. I've got several signals, each with a tag, and I can't tell which positions come from what tagged signals in a spreadsheet of results. It's great that I can easily grab the drawdown chart data, the equity curve data and the rolling profit data and plop them into a spreadsheet, but I can't recreate equity curves for each tagged signal set without this. One more thing: Export data (and copy image) for profit curves in MetaModels. We can export all these other things, but there's no right-click options at all available for the Profit Curves tab in MetaModel. So we can neither export the data nor Copy Chart Image.

Working on this request now, profit curves clipboard functionality in place and starting on other items.

Working on this request now, profit curves clipboard functionality in place and starting on other items.

Are you using the Transaction Tag property for your tagging purposes? This property could be used by a Broker Provider, just a heads up. I can introduce a new property for authors to tag transactions and achieve the rest of this request, or perhaps replace the Tag with BrokerTag and leave the Tag for the author's use.

Edit: I am introducing a new property called BrokerTag for the Broker Providers to use, so you can keep using Tag, which we will document for the next release.

Are you using the Transaction **Tag** property for your tagging purposes? This property could be used by a Broker Provider, just a heads up. I can introduce a new property for authors to tag transactions and achieve the rest of this request, or perhaps replace the **Tag** with **BrokerTag** and leave the **Tag** for the author's use. Edit: I am introducing a new property called **BrokerTag** for the Broker Providers to use, so you can keep using **Tag**, which we will document for the next release.

Thanks Glitch that sounds perfect.

Thanks Glitch that sounds perfect.

It's available in Q202 :)

It's available in Q202 :)

When I start modeling again and re-up my license I’ll download it and try it out, meanwhile stuck without it :-(

When I start modeling again and re-up my license I’ll download it and try it out, meanwhile stuck without it :-(
Forum Tips

Please sign in if you want to participate in our forum.

Our forum uses Markdown syntax to format posts.

To embed code snippets, enclose them in [CODE][/CODE] tags.