Your interactive trading laboratory!
 • 
16 users online

Rotation Model margin factor bug in model setting screen

Hi, I am a new user of Quantacula, purchased a license last week. I want to report a few software bugs in Rotation Model. First one is the margin factor in model setting screen is fixed at 1.2, I could not change it or turn it off. I would run the sector rotation model with margin factor turned off. Please take a look of the attached screenshot, let me know if this is a bug or user error. Any help is appreciated!

Attachment

Cancel

Responses

This isn't a bug, it's by design. We give the Rotation Models a little bit of margin so the backtester can buy stocks even if they gap up slightly between the time the simulated order is placed (where the basis price is based on the closing price of that day) and the market open of the following day.

This isn't a bug, it's by design. We give the Rotation Models a little bit of margin so the backtester can buy stocks even if they gap up slightly between the time the simulated order is placed (where the basis price is based on the closing price of that day) and the market open of the following day.

Hi Glitch, Is there a way I could turn off the margin factor?

Hi Glitch, Is there a way I could turn off the margin factor?

Currently no, but if it's something you really want to be able to do we can make that change for a future release. Just be aware that some of the simulated trades might not execute so the Rotation Model wouldn't be fully invested at some stages.

Currently no, but if it's something you really want to be able to do we can make that change for a future release. Just be aware that some of the simulated trades might not execute so the Rotation Model wouldn't be fully invested at some stages.

Yes, I will appreciate very much if you add "enable/disable" feature of margin factor in future release. Because for many people, most of their money are in retirement accounts, which do not allow margin. Sector rotation models are long trend following model, quite suitable for retirement accounts.

Yes, I will appreciate very much if you add "enable/disable" feature of margin factor in future release. Because for many people, most of their money are in retirement accounts, which do not allow margin. Sector rotation models are long trend following model, quite suitable for retirement accounts.
Forum Tips

Please sign in if you want to participate in our forum.

Our forum uses Markdown syntax to format posts.

To embed code snippets, enclose them in [CODE][/CODE] tags.