Your interactive trading laboratory!
 • 
36 users online

Web Model Backtest Spinning forever

Does anyone experience their backtest just spinning forever using the web version? It spins with every model (personal or published). At some point the problem appears to self-resolve - but haven't found a pattern as to why.

Attachment

Cancel

Responses

Same problem. The last several weeks it's becoming more often.

Same problem. The last several weeks it's becoming more often.

Yes, our backtest engine is running on a separate Azure web app and occasionally that app gets stuck in some kind of unresponsive state. Recycling the app resolves the issue. Apologies for this and we are looking into why it's happening. We will make a point of recycling the app daily to try and mitigate.

Yes, our backtest engine is running on a separate Azure web app and occasionally that app gets stuck in some kind of unresponsive state. Recycling the app resolves the issue. Apologies for this and we are looking into why it's happening. We will make a point of recycling the app daily to try and mitigate.

Again the same problem. I'm running the system every morning before European opening....but if this problem consists it's a problem for me.

Again the same problem. I'm running the system every morning before European opening....but if this problem consists it's a problem for me.

Understood, we are investigating and in the meantime will recycle in the evenings and mornings to attempt to further mitigate.

Understood, we are investigating and in the meantime will recycle in the evenings and mornings to attempt to further mitigate.

Not working again.

Not working again.

Apologies Findex, it's back up.

Apologies Findex, it's back up.

And again it's down....

And again it's down....

Does Qstudio have the same problem with yahoo finance data?

Does Qstudio have the same problem with yahoo finance data?

Engine is back up here on Q.com! And no, QStudio would not experience similar outages since the backtesting engine is running locally on your computer.

Engine is back up here on Q.com! And no, QStudio would not experience similar outages since the backtesting engine is running locally on your computer.

And today the same problem again!

And today the same problem again!

Same problem today

Same problem today

No US eod data from yesterday in qweb backtest.

Forum Tips

Please sign in if you want to participate in our forum.

Our forum uses Markdown syntax to format posts.

To embed code snippets, enclose them in [CODE][/CODE] tags.