Your interactive trading laboratory!
 • 
20 users online

Big news for Quantacula!

I have some big news regarding the future of Quantacula. As some of you may know, prior to developing Quantacula, I created Wealth-Lab, another backtesting and trading platform, and the first web site that offered portfolio level backtesting. Wealth-Lab was acquired by Fidelity Investments in 2004, and I continued to work with Fidelity improving Wealth-Lab until a few years ago. Upon my departure from Fidelity, I developed Quantacula, which incorporated many modern features that Wealth-Lab lacked.

Now that Fidelity has retired Wealth-Lab Pro, my team and I are working on the next version of Wealth-Lab, version 7, and Quantacula will be the base! This means the following:

• Development efforts are now focused on migrating the Quantacula code base to Wealth-Lab 7.
  • We will release at least one more version of Quantacula Studio, which license holders will be able to use in perpetuity.
  • Quantacula license holders will also gain a one year license to Wealth-Lab 7.
  • Your Quantacula Strategies will migrate very easily to Wealth-Lab 7, with just some namespace changes.
  • The Quantacula.com web site will shut down after the migration. We will stop selling web licenses prior to the shut down, and if anyone has time remaining on a web license we will issue a refund.
  • We are working to bring strategy execution and backtesting to wealth-lab.com, but are not sure of the final feature set yet, so Quantacula web users should prepare to run their Models locally once the shut down approaches.

Thanks to all Quantacula users! This is an exciting time and it feels great to bring the more modern framework of Quantacula over to the more recognized Wealth-Lab brand. It'll be interesting to see what the future holds!

Dion Kurczek Founder of Quantacula.com and Wealth-Lab.com

Attachment

Cancel

Responses

Hi Dion, If you acquire a Wealth-Lab 6.9 license now, will this transfer to 7?

Hi Dion, If you acquire a Wealth-Lab 6.9 license now, will this transfer to 7?

Hi Findex, we will work something out that will not give you any disadvantage from buying WL now. Since we haven't settled on the pricing for this new, really awesome product I can not tell you any further details.

Hi Findex, we will work something out that will not give you any disadvantage from buying WL now. Since we haven't settled on the pricing for this new, really awesome product I can not tell you any further details.
Forum Tips

Please sign in if you want to participate in our forum.

Our forum uses Markdown syntax to format posts.

To embed code snippets, enclose them in [CODE][/CODE] tags.