Quantacula Studio Update Log
- July 10, 2020
- Added new plot style, Two Color Histogram, to plot histograms with different colors for positive and negative values.
- Model Builder now issues a warning if you select an incompatible Universe and Data Scale.
- Fixed a bug related to sorting columns in the By Symbol Model Result Viewer.
- Copying Signal Hub data to clipboard now includes security name.
- June 25, 2020
- Added Trend Line Break Condition Building Block.
- Added properties IsRising and IsFalling to Trendline class.
- June 20, 2020
- Added security name column to Signal Hub.
- QPremium data now includes security name, should populate the next time you update the data.
- May 28, 2020
- Fixed broken ASCII configuration that ocurred during version 3 migration.
- May 16, 2020
- Fixed a bug introduced in QSV3, Model scale was not always being registered when changed in Model Settings.
- May 13, 2020
- You can now save your preferred groups of indicators as Indicator Sets and quickly load them in any chart.
- Added Stochastic Momentum Index (SMI) indicator.
- Added Truncated Bandpass (TruncBandPass) indicator to the TASC library.
- Some fixes and improvements around keying symbol in the chart.
- May 10, 2020
- Fixed some issues related to Custom Indicators after the V3 migration. Remember, to create or use Custom Indicators, you need to run QS as a computer Admin.
- Simplified how external assemblies can be referenced. Now, just copy the assembly into the QS install folder and it will pick up the reference automatically. Also corrected some issues with extensions assemblies getting referenced in C# Coded Models.
- Added method ReturnNDays to the TimeSeries class to easily calculate percentage return based on calendar days.
- May 5, 2020
- The Published Models folder in the Models view was broken in V3 release, this was fixed so Published Models are available again.
- Interactive Brokers Historical Datasource was inadvertently left out of V3, this was added back in.
- Fixed some issues on which Historical Datasources are auto-created in a fresh install.
- May 5, 2020
- Added a streaming quote to Signal Hub manual trade ticket, and completed some minor re-design of the Signal Hub.
- Re-vamped QDocs with new entries and code samples.
- Added new contructor to PeakTroughCalculator so you can more easily create it based on a single TimeSeries.
- May 1, 2020
- Fixed a bug in new release that caused not all runs to execute during an optimization.
- The optimize link now appears after you click save and the Model can be optimized, instead of only when you re-open the Model window.
- Apr 30, 2020
Quantacula Studio Version 3 News
QStudio Version 3 is here - 64-bit and .NET Core 3.1! This upgrade will run side by side with QSV2, and install in a separate folder,
but uses the same data sources and models. In terms of extensions, you'll need to download the new extensions builds
from the Extensions page to get them going in QSV3. The following extensions have been rolled directly into the core
product so you won't see them on the Extensions page:
This version also fixes a bug in fundamental data that caused it not to load in new installs, and a
bug in the FundamentalRatio indicator code-based constructor.
If you experience any hiccups during this transition phase please post them on our forum so we can
address any migration issues, and enjoy the new 64-bit QSV3!
- Quantacula Studio Version 3 is under development! This will be a quick major upgrade cycle, primarily migrating the code base to .NET Core 3.1 and producing a 64-bit executable. Please visit this Forum Topic to keep posted on details and share ideas or feedback.
- Apr 16, 2020
- Some internal enhancements to support new fundamental data provider under development.
- Apr 15, 2020
- Added VChart indicator, and corresponding plot style so it can be plotted as a bar chart format.
- Added John Ehlers' CorrelationAngle indicator to TASC Extension.
- Drawing toolbar now properly hides when a chart is not visible in a Model window.
- Apr 13, 2020
- You can now create Dynamic Universes and specify a start and end date for each symbol. Use this feature to create custom indices, and backtest without survivorship bias.
- Fixes for Profit Curve by Tag Model Result Viewer.
- Added easy upgrade version link on Home Page.
- Fix for windowing system to correct bug where window restore/close buttons not visible in container.
- Apr 10, 2020
- New Model Result Viewer, Profit Curves by Position Tag.
- Improved symbol entry in charts, you can now key in a symbol without having to put the symbol entry box into focus.
- Streaming last price is now updated on the chart right axis.
- Fixed some chart rendering issues around drawing objects.
- Fixed some bugs related to changing optimization parameters.
- Apr 4, 2020
- Fixed bug that caused some fundamental data points to not get included.
- Apr 4, 2020
- Added copy to clipboard functionality to the Profit Curves Model Result Viewer.
- Fixed bug that caused exceptions in some Models when Fundamental Data Providers were enabled and fundamental data for a symbol was not available.
- Repaired the QuoteMedia Historical Data Provider after the source service changed their data format.
- Added the CorrelationTrend indicator to the TASC Extension.
- Feb 20, 2020
- Added new utility class TimeSeriesCompressor, and documented both this and the BarHistoryCompressor utility class in QDocs.
- Fixed Yahoo Fundamental data provider, which was occasionally introducing duplicate fundamental data items after an update.
- Feb 7, 2020
- Yahoo changed their data format for fundamental data, so this release was required to adapt to this breaking change in the Yahoo Historical Data Provider.
- Feb 3, 2020
- Added BacktestData property to UserModelBase class, return a List<BarHistory> that contains the data used in the backtest.
- Fixed some issues in the Corr indicator and added a new constructor allowing you to construct the Corr using a BarHistory instance instead of a string symbol.
- Changed the TimeSeries addition (+) operator overload so Double.NaN values to not impact the calculation.
- Quantacula Studio now targets .NET Framework 4.8.
- Added RSMK indicator to TASC Indicators.
- New historical data scales: Hours, Seconds, Ticks, Volume (ticks). Seconds, Ticks, and Volume scales are currently supported in the Interactive Brokers and IQFeed Historical Data Providers. Please upgrade to the newest IQFeed Extension for this support.
- Added Reflex and TrendFlex indicators to TASC Indicators.
- Added Extensions' Version Number to About Box.
- Several miscellaneous fixes including copying MetaModel name to clipboard from Positions list.
- Added a new constructor to the TrendLine class so you can explicitly create a TrendLine by specifiying start and end indices/values.
- Fixed an issue in the DrawLine method's functionality of extending the drawn line left and right.
- Two new indicators, HighestGranularClose and LowestGranularClose, let you zoom in on data of a more granular scale.
- You can now snap drawing object handles to indicators as well as price components on the chart.
- Added new parameter type for Models, Indicators, Building Blocks: HistoryScale, lets you select a scale (daily, weekly, 5-minute, etc.)
- Added SCTR indicator to QCommunity library.
- Fix: layouts save references to Models instead of the Model state, correctly loading changes you made in the Model.
- Fix: SetSeriesBarColor wasn't working.
- Added MetaModel Component Model column to Positions Model Result Viewer.
- Fix: Demo period was not working if you linked your Q.com account in QS before purchasing a license.
- PeakTroughGenerator now has two new methods to generate Trendlines: GetLowerTrendLine and GetUpperTrendLine.
- Added and documented a new class, TrendLine, which represents a Trendline generated by the PeakTroughCalculator.
- Signal Hub now shows which MetaModel component Model was responsible for the Signal.
- Fix: MetaModel weights were not being displayed correctly when Model opened.
- Fix: MetaModels were adding an extra "ghost" component Model when loaded from a layout.
- Fix: MetaModels were not using the StartIndex of their component Models. They now use the lowest non-zero StartIndex of their components.
- Fix: MetaModels now disable the position sizing controls in the Model window since you control position sizing in the individual component Models.
- Fix: Delete button and menu item in Models view was non-operational.
- Fix: Recent symbols were not being added to Recent Symbols Universe when keyed in from a chart in a Model window.
- Fix: Saving a new Model was not adding it to the Most Recent list on the Home window.
- Add quotes around all column headers that contain spaces when copying lists to clipboard.
- Added new chart drawing method, DrawDot.
- You can now tie the amount of interest paid on cash in the backtester to one of the US Treasury Yield rates.
- New option in Backtest Settings to collect dividends on positions, and add the cash into the simulated equity curve.
- The data collector caching is now smart enough to react and reload data when you change the symbols in the selected Universe.
- New Mode type - MetaModels added. These are Models that are composed of other Quantacula Models with varying Portfolio Weighting and Rebalance settings. See how trading more than one Model at a time would have performed historically.
- Fixed bug that caused No Commision option to not be respected.
- Added Exception Handling dialog that allows you to copy Exception details to the clipboard so you can send them to us for troubleshooting.
- Fixed crash that occured when double clicking a Signal in the Signal Hub to edit it.
Quantacula Studio Version 2 Released! (Q186)
- Fixed crash that occured when you backtest after disabling a Building Block.